Sponsored Links
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da’Ron Payne Jersey
Hogs Haven takes a look at 2019 NFL Draft prospects that could contribute to the Redskins"Clelin Ferrell  Jonathan Allen Jersey , EDGESchool: Clemson | Conference: ACCCollege Experience: Junior | Age: 21Height / Weight: 6-4 / 264 lbsProjected Draft Status: Top-20NFL Comparison: Robert Quinn (Pk#10)Collegiate Statistics Pro Football Focus’ Advanced Stats:According to Pro Football Weekly’s Marcus Mosher, no stat for college defensive linemen is more predictive of NFL success than tackles for loss. Other than undersized Sutton Smith, Clelin Ferrell’s 37.5 TFL over the past two seasons leads the edge class.Player Overview Ferrell came to Clemson as the sixth defensive end high school recruit in the nation (by Rivals) despite the fact that he did not play his senior season due to a torn ACL, and a hand injury forced him to red-shirt his first season.The following season, Ferrell replaced the departed Shaq Lawson in 2016 very well, sharing the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year award with teammate Dexter Lawrence. Most services voted Ferrell to their second-team All-American teams in 2017 fueling speculation that he would declare for the NFL as a Redshirt Sophomore. At the time he announced he was returning for his senior season, Ferrell was ranked as the eighth player overall for the 2018 NFL draft by Kiper, while McShay ranked him as his #18 prospect.In his final season, Ferrell notched a career-high 11.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss that helped earn him First-Team All-American honors. Additionally, he won the 2018 ACC’s Defensive Player of the Year, and the Ted Hendricks Award, awarded to the nation’s top defensive end.Overall, Ferrell leaves Clemson as a three-year starter, who helped Clemson win a pair of National Championships in 2018 and 2016. Athletic Traits Ferrell opted to sit out at Clemson’s Pro Day due to a toe injury. At the NFL Combine, Ferrell tested slightly below average in the agility drills, but has yet to run a 40 yard dash. Thus far, he did post a 4.40 short shuttle, 7.26 3-cone, 26 bench press reps, and a 9-foot-6 broad jump. The Film See Highlights Of His NFL Combine WorkoutsSee more of his film.StrengthsPrototypical frame with long arms and violent hands. Battle-tested, three year starter, who played in the college football playoffs each season, with good film against quality offensive lineman, such as Alabama’s Jonah Williams.Disruptive pass-rusher, who times the snap well, has an explosive first snap, showed advanced technique, and a diverse repertoire of pass rush moves. Plays with good leverage, is strong at the point of attack, and sets the edge very well against the run.A play-maker, who also batted down four passes, forced three fumbles and recovered one in 2018.Experience dropping back into coverage in zone-blitzes. Since the 2016 season, Ferrell has been very durable in college and started every game (44) of his career at Clemson.WeaknessesQuestionable athleticism and pure speed (has not yet run a 40). Doesn’t have the flexibility to turn the corner and flatten his trajectory to the quarterback. Too often, he gets too far upfield, taking himself out of the play. How much did he benefit from the talent around him?Clemson’s Defensive Coordinator Brent Venables’ defense is structured to let his defensive ends get upfield and make plays behind the line-of-scrimmage, padding statistics. What Others Are SayingTony Pauline- “He’s a good pass rusher, he can play in space, he can drop off the LOS, you can use him out of a three point stance, you can stand him over tackle...I think when it is all said and done, he’s going to be a top five pick, wouldn’t surprise me if hops into the top three selections of the draft.”Midway though the 2018 season, WalterFootball talked to scouts who said they thought Ferrell would go in the mid- to late first round and that “teams do not view him as an explosive edge rusher in the mold of a Myles Garrett or Von Miller.”Lance Zierlein- “Highly productive 4-3 defensive end with prototypical size, length and strength to offer early help against both the run and pass. Playing next to NFL talent in all three years certainly made things easier for Ferrell, but his edge-setting and rush plan improvements are self-made. His rush can be leggy and gradual and might not get home as often in the pros, but NFL coaching might further unleash his physical traits and turn him into a star. Ferrell is a complete defender and steady talent who could start early for a 4-3 stop unit.”Billy Marshall - “Ferrell is typically the first player off the ball due to his snap reaction. However, he struggles to bend the edge. In order to win on the edge, he has to dip underneath the offensive tackle’s shoulder and take less steps. The reason for his less than satisfactory bend likely has to do with his ankle flexion not being comparable to other speed rushers.”How He Would Fit On The RedskinsRecent mocks are trending toward Ferrell still being on the board when the Redskins are on the clock and some have him lasting well into the 20s. Ferrell is actually a pretty similar prospect to Nick Bosa. While neither are as athletic as Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat, each are a better technicians. Also similar to Bosa, Ferrell wins with heavy hands, appears to have a pass-rush plan, understands angles and body positioning, and gives second effort if his first move is neutralized. Ferrell is an EDGE that is battle-tested, has been highly productive, and looks somewhat scheme diverse. Somewhat of a limited athlete Matthew Ioannidis Jersey , he has been lauded for his first step quickness, yet ridiculed for relatively slow 2nd and 3rd step. While Ferrell is experienced dropping into coverage, doing so plays into his weaknesses instead of his strengths. Inmy opinion, Ferrell would be a great replacement, and in time, an upgrade over the since departed Preston Smith. ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Ezekiel Elliott made the $21 donation after his touchdown. Amari Cooper took the freebie following the first of his two scores.The bonus for the Dallas Cowboys: They’re all the way back in the NFC East race.Cooper celebrated his first touchdown with a mock free throw before a 90-yard score that sent him to a Dallas Thanksgiving- record 180 yards receiving, and the Cowboys pulled even with Washington atop the division with a 31-23 win over the Redskins on Thursday.Elliott ran for 121 yards with his TD and cash celebration as the Cowboys (6-5) won their third straight game since their first home loss, to Tennessee in the Dallas debut of Cooper. Dallas’ eighth win in nine Thanksgiving games against Washington, and second in three years, earned a season split.“Everyone jumped off the bandwagon, of course, at 3-5,” quarterback Dak Prescott said. “You expect that. I can tell you who didn’t doubt ourselves. As long as we locked arms, we stayed tight, we knew we could do this and we can do more. That’s the only thing that matters to us.”The Redskins (6-5) lost for the third time in four games in Colt McCoy’s first start in four years coming off Alex Smith’s season-ending leg injury.The former Texas Longhorns star threw three interceptions to offset two touchdown passes. McCoy won his two previous starts at the home of the Cowboys, one for the 2009 Big 12 championship and the other his most recent NFL victory with the Redskins in 2014.“I think I’m encouraged, on a short week like that,” said McCoy, who was 24 of 38 for 268 yards. “Losing overshadows everything. But I’ll go back and watch it and try to clean up some of my mistakes that are going to help our team win.”Cooper had 105 yards after the catch on his two touchdowns.First, Cooper ran away from Quinton Dunbar after the Washington cornerback slipped on a short pass, turning it into a 40-yard TD for a 17-13 lead. Cooper celebrated by mimicking a free throw , shooting the football through the goal post.On the 90-yarder, Cooper made the catch just outside the Dallas 30, spun out of the arms of Fabian Moreau and won the race to the pylon against former Alabama teammate Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who tried to shove him out of bounds around the 5.The longest catch of Cooper’s career and longest completion in Prescott’s three seasons came exactly a month after the Cowboys gave Oakland their first-round pick in the upcoming draft for a new No. 1 receiver.“I’ve been putting in extra time with my coaches, with Dak,” Cooper said. “For some reason, since I’ve been here, the chemistry with Dak has phenomenal.”McCoy looked as if he hadn’t started a game in a long time early, throwing into double coverage on his first play and fumbling while trying to scramble on his third, with the Redskins recovering and punting.But McCoy settled in with a couple of third-down passes to Jordan Reed to keep drives going, then hit Vernon Davis in stride on a 53-yard touchdown — the longest Washington completion of the season — for a 7-7 tie.The Cowboys were having all the fun before the Redskins pulled even, with Elliott scoring on a 16-yard run and dropping $21 into a giant Salvation Army red kettle behind the end zone. The cash was handed to him by a team photographer.As a rookie in 2016, Elliott jumped into the kettle on the same part of the field after a touchdown in a 31-26 win over the Redskins. That season’s NFL rushing champion, who wears No. 21, was fined for the stunt and later donated $21,000 to the Salvation Army.After scoring on a scrambling 5-yard run for the third Dallas touchdown in less than eight minutes and a 31-13 lead, Prescott let Elliott help him into another kettle on the other end of the field, drawing the same unsportsmanlike conduct penalty Elliott did two years ago.Elliott missed the Thanksgiving game last year on his six-game suspension over domestic violence allegations.“I didn’t have any plans to do that. Zeke did,” said Prescott, who was 22 of 31 for a season-high 289 yards in his third straight game without an interception or a lost fumble. “He showed his strength. Once he had me in the air, I said I’ve got to own it now and just figured I’d jump in there before I got hurt.”GAME BALLCowboys rookie receiver Michael Gallup had two catches for 19 yards less than a week after his brother died by suicide. The team gave him the game ball. He stayed with his family after last weekend’s game in Atlanta, and will attend the funeral Friday. Gallup didn’t talk to reporters after the game.“Just so proud of the way he’s handled this,” Prescott said. “You know he’s playing for his brother, he’s living for his brother and that’s what’s most important.”MR. IRREVELANTWashington receiver Trey Quinn, the final pick of this year’s draft at the home of the Cowboys and a former player at nearby SMU, had a 30-yard punt return to the Dallas 25 to set up his own 10-yard touchdown catch for Washington’s only lead at 13-10 in the third quarter.SLOWED PETERSONRedskins running back Adrian Peterson left briefly in the first quarter with a shoulder injury but returned. Still, he wasn’t nearly as effective as in Washington’s 20-17 win in the first meeting. The four-time All-Pro finished with 35 yards on 12 carries after going for 99 yards at home.After the game, Peterson wouldn’t discuss his comments in a recent report that he still uses a belt and a switch to discipline his son. In 2014, he faced felony charges of child abuse in his home state of Texas before pleading no contest to a misdemeanor in a settlement.UP NEXTRedskins: First of two meetings in the final five games against the defending champion Eagles, at Philadelphia on Monday, Dec. 3.Cowboys: Face New Orleans in the second of three straight home games next Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brandon McManus Jersey chenyan94 0 786 05-06-2019, 03:20 AM
Last Post: chenyan94
  Joe Haden Jersey chenyan94 0 833 05-06-2019, 03:10 AM
Last Post: chenyan94