Sponsored Links
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Jensen Color Rush Jersey
Bob Sutton has been around football long enough to realize that every year brings turnover http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/aut...eld-jersey , even when a team is coming off back-to-back division championships for the first time in its history.
It didn’t stop him from marveling at how different the Kansas City Chiefs look this year.
The Chiefs’ defensive coordinator focused only on his side of the ball, and counted nearly two dozen new names among guys who could be fighting for a legitimate job.
That includes five of their six selections in the draft and Kendall Fuller, the cornerback they got in the trade of Alex Smith to Washington.
”We have a lot of new dudes,” Sutton said. ”They’re all different. They’re from young rookies to guys that came here as free agents. It really is a good group of guys. And it really is early in the process, but they seemed to have meshed really good.”
It’s not just new faces under helmets, either.
The Chiefs shook up coach Andy Reid’s staff after their debacle of a playoff loss to Tennessee and following the departure of offensive coordinator Matt Nagy to Chicago.
Eric Bieniemy was promoted to that job from running backs coach with Mike Kafka[Image: nike_titans_2798.jpg] taking over the quarterback coaching, while on defense, the Chiefs replaced linebackers coach Gary Gibbs with Mark DeLeone and Mike Smith.
All those changes came on the heels of a couple of offseasons with very little turnover, both on the roster and among the coaching staff.
And that makes their three-day mandatory minicamp that began Tuesday one of the most important for Reid and Co. since he took over prior to the 2013 season.
”Whoever is in the building, you teach. That’s how I look at it Sylvester Williams Color Rush Jersey ,” Chiefs secondary coach Al Harris said. ”At the end of the day, their performance falls on me. I take that approach.”
Well, there’s already been plenty of coaching after several weeks of voluntary workouts, and there is plenty more getting packed into the next couple of days at the Chiefs’ practice facility.
The goal is to set up the team for a productive training camp beginning in late July in St. Joseph, Missouri, where all those jobs that are up for grabs will get settled.
On defense, the Chiefs are trying to decide how best to fill the outside linebacker job now that Tamba Hali has been released. Justin Houston has one spot locked down, even though he’s been injury prone, while Dee Ford is expected to handle the other side despite a rough start to his career.
Then there’s Breeland Speaks, their top draft pick out of Ole Miss. He also fits in the mix.
On the inside Luke Falk Color Rush Jersey , the Chiefs are seeking a replacement for longtime middle linebacker Derrick Johnson, who was released and then signed with AFC West rival Oakland. Reggie Ragland showed promise after arriving in a trade last season and Anthony Hitchen was signed as a free agent to stand next to him.
Justin Hamilton was signed to fill the middle of the defensive line, while the defensive backfield is a complete work in progress. Star safety Eric Berry is coming back from a season-ending injury, while top cornerback Marcus Peters was traded away as the Chiefs sought to establish a better locker room atmosphere and veterans Darrelle Revis and Terrance Mitchell are gone on the other side.
Fuller joins free-agent signing David Amerson and holdover Steven Nelson in competing for those jobs.
”They are all very attentive, working hard at it,” Sutton said. ”This is hard on anybody, but it is really hard on defensive players in this time frame. You can’t do a lot of things you want to do, but the guys have really embraced it and gotten as much out of it as we possibly can.”
On offense, the biggest question is how well Patrick Mahomes II will fare now that he’s not only the starting quarterback but possibly the face of the franchise. Mahomes spent last season learning the ropes under Smith, but he’s the clear-cut starter for a team that has playoff aspirations.
So far http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/au...lup-jersey , he’s lived up to the expectations.
”He’s put in a ton of hours. He’s going behind the scenes, working with guys individually. I’m really proud of where he’s at right now,” Kafka said.
The question is will he be where the Chiefs need him when the season rolls around?
Will the rest of the new faces be ready, too?
”Everything that we do now, we’re not going to take into the first game. It’s something that you can pull out and learn from, all the different schemes, fundamentals,” Reid said. ”We’re getting better every day and that’s the idea. We have a lot of new faces and we welcome new faces, and they’re learning.”

Just as the Golden State Warriors had hoped, Stephen Curry is poised to return from a left knee injury to play in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals Tuesday night against New Orleans.
Coach Steve Kerr listed the two-time MVP as probable Monday with the idea that he’s a go to play as long as no issues arise with Curry’s sprained left knee in the morning shootaround or before the game. Kerr didn’t say whether Curry would start or come off the bench but he won’t have a minutes restriction.
”He’ll want to get his legs underneath him Minkah Fitzpatrick Color Rush Jersey ,” Kerr said after practice. ”So we’ll try to find that balance between being cautious and letting him go a little bit.”
Golden State leads the best-of-seven series 1-0 after a 123-101 rout in the opener Saturday.
Curry has a history of returning to the court from injury and finding his groove immediately.
”I expect him to be who he is,” Kevin Durant said Monday. ”I’m not saying it’s guaranteed to happen. But he puts in the work and prepares himself right when he’s put in that position, so when he comes out and he plays well it’s not a surprise to me at all.”
Curry participated in his first full-contact practice in more than a month last Thursday and then scrimmaged Friday 5-on-5. On Sunday, Curry scrimmaged with some of the reserves before the Warriors brass and medical staff determined he is ready for game action again.
”Right from that window up there I had one eye on the game tape and one eye on Steph. I had a good vantage point,” Kerr said. ”He came out of it good. I talked to him afterward and he came out well. Feeling good today, went through the whole practice, so I’d be very surprised if he didn’t play. But just for caution issue, we’ll wait `til tomorrow to see how he’s feeling.”
Curry was injured March 23 in the same game where he had come back from a six-game absence with a right ankle injury.
”He needs rhythm,” Kerr said. ”The only factor in terms of allowing him to play is health, and he’s ready to go. He’s been cleared. Now it’s a question of rhythm and how much time we give him Ryan Jensen Color Rush Jersey , and that’s important. He needs to get his groove back.”
Curry also missed 11 games in December with a sprained right ankle.
He played in only 51 of 82 regular-season games for the defending champions.
”It’s been interesting. Obviously when I’m out there I’ve been playing well, playing at a very high level, we’ve been winning” Curry said. ”You have some kind of unfortunate situations, landing on somebody’s foot, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, whatever the case is, missing games. The back of my mind I know I’m still durable, I’m still a player that’s expected to be out there every single night helping my team win. And that confidence in myself has never wavered.”

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap Robert Golden Jersey linchao 0 62 08-24-2018, 07:46 AM
Last Post: linchao
  Raiders Martavis Bryant Jersey linchao 0 56 08-24-2018, 07:41 AM
  Authentic Tracy Walker Jersey linchao 0 57 08-24-2018, 07:36 AM
  Cheap Billy Price Jersey linchao 0 56 08-24-2018, 07:31 AM